Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History- Is it time for Hova to Hang Up The Gloves?






I don't know how excited I am going to be for the Blueprint 3 after hearing this track.
I am starting to agree with many out there that its time for the older guys to pass the torch. When is Jay really going to retire? When is Puff going to stop making bad music? Big Daddy Kane eventually took a back seat, as did Rakim. The difference is that they bowed out at a time in their career without compromising their legacy.

Here is my list of Rappers Who Need To Let It Go. I am not saying that the mentioned rappers are legends, but they have been in the game for a while and need to give it a rest.

Jay Z (my boi been fallin off lately)
Puff Daddy
LL Cool J
Foxy Brown (and her ghostwriter)
KRS1
Bone Thugs
Too Short
Snoop (Only because Ego Trippin sucked, I expected more)
Nelly
SkateBoard P (Stick to beats and clothing)
Sheek Looch
Kurupt (And All Dogg Pound Affiliates)
Lil Flip
Lloyd Banks
50 Cent
Tony Yayo
Freeway
Pitbull
Lil Jon
Uncle Luke
All of Cash Money (Not Lil Wayne of course)
Jim Jones
Trick Daddy
Young Chris (Never gonna blow up)

I am sure that there are plenty of others that I left off, feel free to tell me who needs to be added or taken off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Mike Jones

Three Six Mafia

Any one with a Vocoder in their track