Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CNN:Black in America



Tonight Cnn is airing another part of it's Black in America Special. I don't want to sound ignorant but there are some prevailing issues that should be addressed with regard to "Black in America." Now I am not sure what this series hopes to accomplish but it seems as if CNN is trying to get America to realize the Black people are Americans also. Certain things should be pointed out though, If you are truly attempting to potray people as american maybe you wouldn't refer to them as black. Since black land has yet to be discovered maybe they should have called the series," The African American Experience". I got the chance to watch a few segments of the Black in America and at no point during the discussions about racsim is white privlage adequately defined or disscussed. One of the prevailing issues in American race relations is the fact that certain groups of people don't even realize they have a bias. We have to shake the minds of the status quo before we are ready to discuss the "black experience" in America. Sometimes my fellow white people make me shake my head.

No comments: