Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mo Knows



I sat down with Mo Green to get some insight on the whole bum chic look. Enjoy.

JK: How do you feel about people stealing the style you created?
MG: People steal every day. You steal pictures on the web.

JK: What inspired bum chic?

MG: Why don't you explain bum chic. I still don't really know what that is.

JK: I think you mistake bum chic as a bad thing. it is more the art of putting together outfits that are pretty cool but don't require all the zippers and flash as say an usher outfit. American Apparel is bum chic but you were dressing like that before and now it seems a lot of people are walking around with American Apparel and H&M bags.

JK: Does American Apparel pay you for creating a whole line around the way you dress
MG: As far as American apparel, I’ve already been paid.

JK: When you get you beard lined do you ask for them to leave it a smidge bum like?
MG: The beard questions are kind of gay, you must not have a beard.

JK: True the beard question may be slightly homosexual but it is a staple of bum chic.


JK: Are you still an actor?
MG: Yes I am still acting. Do you know any good agencies?

JK: What projects are you working on
MG: I'm still performing on stage mostly and low budget videos.

JK: Why are drugs ok?
MG: This whole web series you got going is actually entertaining to me. I can’t speak for anyone else, I know people who already want you dead or raped. You may want to try all the drugs you can now. I smoke, doesn’t go past that.

JK: Will you become a rapper
MG: I'm not a rapper, I join freestyle sessions, but nothing recorded. Lets battle, wait.....never mind.


JK: Do you really think Andrew Oliver should be a rapper?
MG: I smoke, doesn’t go past that, so does Andrew, which is what I think influenced him to rap. He may not be the best, but you shouldn't encourage someone to stop doing something they enjoy. If he isn't that good to you battle him. Oh yea....you can’t show your face, never mind.

MG: Now my question is....what part do you play in Pasadena music? You seem to talk about it all the time


JK: I don't rap /sing/clown dance/crip walk/or any of that but I am a fan of good music. Take the coke sniffing Mexican (bad news) he makes good music, jase ryn I heard he is cool. but there are a lot of people out there who should not make music. No you should not discourage people from doing things they enjoy if they keep it to themselves but when they pollute the public then they should be stopped. If I battled anyone they would probably beat me, except for that Popeye guy I know I can beat him. To the people that want me raped on dead, tell them to keep reading and to stop me when I tell a lie.

MG: I do see where you’re coming from as far as the shitty music people continue to put out. All you can really do is ignore it, or exploit it. If you know me, I must know you right. But keeping your identity secret is probably important at this point wouldn't you agree. I have no intentions in finding out who you are anytime soon. I like this whole shit your doing blogging people around Pasadena. The whole critiquing of Pasadena music is what we need.

JK: What's up with the whole get right thing?

MG: If you know about Getright...there is nothing else to be said. You know enough.

MG: You and Getright have a lot in common. If you need any help and support in any fashion we got you.

JK: Send me pictures from parties and I will review each event. I don't think we know each other but I can admit that everyone in the city knows get right.

MG: Alright

Thank You Mr. Green for taking the time to speak with me. Keep doing your thing and I will look for on stage.

No comments: